Before you hire a mold inspection company…
Choosing a mold inspection company in Phoenix can be a difficult and risky task if you don’t know what to look for. If you search Google, you’ll quickly see just how many companies there are to choose from. The following are things you should look for in a mold inspection company to ensure you’ll get the best service possible:
- Make sure the company is an actual company. Sounds silly but there’re individuals out there that offer mold services but aren’t legally set up as an Arizona business entity.
- Make sure that the company has the proper insurance coverages. A mold inspection and mold testing company in Phoenix should have the following coverages:
– Liability Insurance
– Professional Liability (Errors and Omissions)
– Pollution Liability
– Commercial Auto
– Workers Comp (unless they’re exempt; e.g. sole proprietor)
- Make sure the individual from the inspection/testing company is certified. But not just any certification will do. There are many online certifications that a person can get which require no verification and that are not accredited by any industry recognized organization. The best credentials to have for mold testing and mold inspection are those from the American Council for Accredited Certification (ACAC). These certifications are board awarded and accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) and/or the Council for Engineering and Scientific Specialty Boards (CESB). The CIEC (Certified Indoor Environmental Consultant) program is accredited by both and requires a minimum of 8 years of documented experience consulting on indoor environmental issues including asbestos, lead, HVAC, building science, chemicals, mold and microbial contamination. Adam Carity, Carity IAQ Solutions’ President is a CIEC.
- Make sure they have a positive reputation. Ask for references. Check online sources for reviews.
- Make sure they are current with the latest standards of care, practice, and employ the correct technology to provide an accurate and thorough inspection. Be careful of the company that pushes for testing without a visual inspection.
- Be careful of the company that does mold inspections and testing and also does mold remediation and/or air duct cleaning. Carity IAQ Solutions only provides inspection, sampling, and consulting services. We don’t sell products nor do we provide the mold removal or air duct cleaning services. Our services are conflict of interest free.
- Last but not least, trust your gut.
We hope this list helps you in making your decision when selecting a Phoenix mold inspection company. For any additional information on the mold services we provide, please feel free to give us a call. We’d be delighted to speak with you!